Chances are there are several new customers hidden in your existing market. Start measuring what marketing tactics work and then replicate to get new customers.
First develop a profile of your ideal customer, then identify where others like them can be found, and develop a shortlist of new targets that have potential. When compiling your research, take note of common characteristics such as:
- Demographics: age, gender, education, interests, and income.
- The biggest problem they want to solve and any barriers—real or perceived.
- How and where they spend their time.
- How they prefer to communicate with you—in person, by phone, email or online.
- For business customers, their buying cycles.
Ask for referrals – your customers are likely to know other people just like them who could benefit from your products and services. Many customers are more than willing to refer your business if you simply ask.